Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainy Weekend Projects

As you can see, it's been a rainy weekend here in Southern California. It's so rare for us to have rain, let alone 3 days of it in a row, so I've been forced to find projects about the house to keep me occupied while I wait for the sun to return.

I replanted my bamboo in these fun ceramic Chinese food boxes. The plants are much happier now that they have loads of room to grown again! Bamboo is so easy to grow. All it needs is water & a sunny spot. And it adds such a lushious shade of green to your environment!

I also did some St. Valentine's Day decorating. It was fun to get out the scissors and my markers to get crafty with some hearts and stars. I cut out a bunch of hearts and put them up all over this mirror. It definitely looks like Cupid has been to the our home now.

I hope you had a fabulously frisky Valentine's celebration! We spent the day together doing one of our favorite things. We went to a movie matinee. We brought our munchies and drinks with us to enjoy while we watched two movies; Slumdog Millionaire and Doubt. I definately recommend them both. SM is the most creative story telling I've experienced in a long time. Meryl is stupendous as usual in D, and along with the rest of the talented cast, she keeps you rivited to your seat while you try to decide if she's on the mark with her suspicions about the priest.

How did you celebrate your Valentine's day?

1 comment:

S said...

I loved Slumdog and just finished reading Q & A, the book that the film is based upon. You ought to check it out.
I was happily pleased to find that the book is different enough from the film so that seeing film first did not wreck the book.

Book is tough to find though. If you want, I will loan it to you when I get back. I bought my copy in Bangalore.

Love to you and SSS
S