Friday, November 30, 2007

55 Flash Fiction Friday ~ TV Dinner

Four separate compartments of aluminum contained nutrition.

Creamy mashed potatoes with dairy-land butter melting on top.

Golden crusted, crispy fried chicken;

juicy thigh, tender lickin' good leg, and plump breast.

Petite peas, diced carrots, corn niblets.

And last, but not least; three delicious slices of glazed peaches.

Heated to perfection in my oven at 425*.

This 55 was inspired by the picture on Susie The Boss's 55 post which was post-Thanksgiving.

I haven't had a TV dinner in years, but we occasionally heat up a Lean Cuisine in the micro. I love their new panini's. Luckily both Sideways Sam and I like to cook and therefore we don't eat prefab food very much. But on those nights when we've both worked late and there is not much in the frige, we will dine ala microwave, or order a thin-crust pizza delivered from Pizza Hut. If I'm home alone and too tired to cook for myself, I'll make due with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Please, tell me what you eat when you're hungry, tired and there isn't anything good & nutricious ready to eat.

6 comments:

S said...

LOL hey thats MY tv dinner! So glad it inspired you.

I am so sorry I didnt know about last weeks 55 you must have posted it late.

Have a great weekend and say hi to Sam for me

smarmoofus said...

*giggles at Susie's outrage* Thievery... Tsk.

If you ever do get in the mood for a prefab chicken dinner, Marie Calendar's is quite good. I can't even express how much I dug those. Microwaveable, too. ;)

But like you and your husband, I'm a big fan of cooking "real" food. The microwave should be *a* tool, not the *only* tool. *wistful sigh* Queenie's post about Queen Victoria and Albert, combined with talk of cooking... blah. *tries not to think about losing Jason's tiny kitchen and always-ready-to-eat-something stomach*

Akelamalu said...

I like your 55!

I like toast smothered in butter. Mmmmm.

Akelamalu said...

PS don't forget to come pick up your award for the carols quiz :)

S said...

Hey missy I got you guys some tea!!!
Be home Monday!
XXXX
Hi to SSS

S said...

Hey missy!
I got you guys some tea
BB on MOnday
S