Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh, How I Love Snowmen!


Today, my snowmen collection are coming out of storage and they will keep me company through till mid-February. I love them so much and they aren't Christmas related, so I am comfortable enjoying them through the winter (Dec/Jan/Feb), but I make myself put them away before St. Valentines day every year, or we might just be eating our Easter ham off of them.  Yes I have snowmen decorations, glasses, dishes, salt & pepper, etc. I told you, "I love snowmen."

Do you remember Calvin and Hobbes?  Well, in the 10 years that Bill Watterson published his hilarious strip about the exploits of C&H, he shared with us some of the best snowman humor known to man.  Looking back at a few of my favorite wintertime C&H cartoons, it makes me wish I had a yard full of snow, so I could recreate some of Calvin's snow masterpieces.  Here are three of my favorites:



*       *        *       *              *          *                 *     *      *             *           * *        *           *      *   *       *           *            *       *               *       *       *    *    
   *    *  For more of Calvin's snow art, go here.  
    *          *             *        *  *        *           *        *   *             *   *      *       *        *       *       *          *   *  * *         **       *                 *                     *       *        **     *                   *        *           *         *  *                   

No comments: